Annual Meeting of the GTA
May 11-12, 2017
John M. Clayton Hall Conference Center
University of Delaware
Instructions for poster presenters
Your poster will be exhibited during the entire meeting to facilitate exchanges between presenters and participants. You are required to attend your poster for an hour during the combined Poster Session/Social Mixer on Thursday, May 11 from 5:00 - 7:00 PM. Odd numbered posters will be attended the first hour, and even numbered posters will be attended during the second hour.
The poster size this year is 4 ft. (1.2m) wide by 4 ft. (1.2m) tall.
The GTA is having a Speed Session in the main hall preceding the Poster Session where select poster presenters condense their work into a brief podium presentation. This format will provide podium experience to student and early stage investigators, and will encourage poster attendance as meeting attendees will have a preview of the research being presented. Students and early stage investigators will be automatically assigned a slot in the speed session.
- This is intended to be a fun event.
- There will be 40 minutes set aside for the speed session and presentation length will depend on the number of posters submitted. Updates will be sent after the abstract submission date.
- Limit the number of slides and limit the word count on the slides
- Title slide
- Why did we do the study and what is our hypothesis?
- How did we design the study?
- What did we see?
- OPTIONAL: What do we conclude?